grrgoyl: (spike)
[personal profile] grrgoyl
Tery and I watched the American Idol "results" show last night, and it was enough to turn me off the rest of the season. She accurately likened it to the Abu-Ghraib prison scandal as far as the systematic humiliation they put the kids through now. It's always been painful to watch, and I appreciate it's really hard to stretch telling four people they were voted off the show into a full hour. But now they put them through their paces like it's a freakin' dog show. "Bottom row, stand up please..." pause pause pause pause "None of you received the lowest number of votes. Sit down, please." "Top row, please form two lines on either side of me" then make them parade up two at a time, only to be told they are all safe. "Contestants, please strip and form a pyramid. Middle layer" pause pause pause "none of you received the lowest number of votes. You're safe. Top layer, attach these electrodes to your testicles, please..." Ryan Seacrest asked the first girl sent home to describe in lurid detail exactly what she was thinking and feeling so the audience at home could drink up all her delicious pain. And telling the bottom row they were all safe, making the top row endure the stress parade mentioned above, only to come back and suddenly kick out one of the (now relaxing) bottom row contestants seemed unusually cruel and hateful. I half expected them to call the judges onto the stage to dismiss one of them. Who decided that America would enjoy watching an hour full of lies and deceit just to make it more interesting? Tery blames Seacrest but I doubt he writes his own material. Either way I'm done. Wake me when the next American Idol is crowned (though I am secretly rooting for dreamy Constantine).

We have a new addition (possibly) to our family. Someone brought in a big, fat albino ferret they found on their back porch. His coat was soft and he was obviously well cared for, but after a week no one answered the ad in the paper or claimed him. Tery decided to bring him home.



He got along with our other two really well. Being so pudgy he only plays in short bursts before sprawling in the middle of the floor exhausted, but he's got a squeak toy fetish so powerful that one will never fail to get him going again, no matter how shagged out he looks. Giddy was fat like that before coming to "Ferret Heaven" (as Tery's co-workers have dubbed our house) and now he's all muscle. "The first week they're a wad of cookie dough" I said (<----- clever Fight Club reference.)



Hopefully he gets to stay. I like him because he looks like a little demon (note the glowy, evil-looking eyes) but he's really a big sweetheart. We are calling him Casper (the Friendly Ghost, get it?) which I think is kind of silly. In keeping with our tradition/superstition we would prefer a "G" name but we have no ideas (Tery nixed the obvious "Ghost" already). Can anyone help us out? (Tery promised I could name the next one "Giles" but it feels more appropriate to focus on his ghostiness.)

I am mildly concerned that Tery might be turning into Crazy Lady Who Adopts All the Unwanted Animals from the Hospital, though. It's not like we live on a farm.

Date: 2005-02-26 07:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jaaaaamas.livejournal.com
Yay I love this new friend! He reminds me of these albino water frogs that I had...white with red eyes and black claws.

He's a cute little deomon, anyway :)

Date: 2005-02-27 08:27 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] grrgoyl.livejournal.com
I never thought I'd like an albino, but he's just so damn fluffy and cuddly! Thanks Jamie :D

Date: 2005-02-27 12:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] zarriq.livejournal.com
That ferret is so cute.

Date: 2005-02-27 08:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] grrgoyl.livejournal.com
Thanks! We love ferrets. (Love the Shaun icon, BTW)

Date: 2005-02-27 09:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] minikitkatgirl.livejournal.com
Hey Elaine,

If you're looking for a G name...did you ever think of Giles? LoL, or is Ferret #1 already named that? I do like your choice of Xander though. =)


~*~Amy~*~

Profile

grrgoyl: (Default)
grrgoyl

December 2011

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
1819202122 2324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 7th, 2026 05:37 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios